Tuesday, March 3, 2009

My First Blog Entry (Well Sorta)

So I have been wanting to start up another blog for quite some time. I would just really like a place to put some thoughts down. Since all my friends are doing it... I might as well jump on the bandwagon. And now that I am pregnant, I would really like to keep track of all the weird and wonderful things that I have been told I am going to go through.

I spent most of my first trimester in a fog, and I was much more concerned about when I was going to be able to sleep next to really have much desire to get my blog started. My main focus everyday, was when I was going to get to sleep next, its really all I cared about. But the fog has started to clear and I am beginning to get some of my energy back. I am excited to start keeping track of things and having a place to put up all my pregnancy pics and share my pregnancy adventure, along with anything else going on in my life. I thought it might also be nice to meet some other pregnant bloggers and mommies to maybe get some advice from and hear their stories as well.

I also wanted to wait until atleast 13 weeks before I really started telling everyone I was pregnant and we had been trying not to get too excited about it. Having had a miscarriage over the summer, we found out how quickly things can change. I am grateful for having slept through the majority of my first 13 weeks, because it gave me less time to worry about something going wrong.

So now I am about 13.5 weeks along, and everything is going great. We had an ultrasound at 9 weeks and was able to hear the heartbeat and even see the baby wiggling around! We had another appointment at almost 13 weeks and I heard the baby's hearbeat again from the outside. My OB told me I had less then a 1% chance of having a miscarriage. We were so excited and I finally feel like I can relax a little. I know things can still go wrong, but I can worry about them alot less now. Here's my 9 week ultrasound. You can hear Joe and I, along with the nurse talking in the background.



Our 9 week ultrasound pictures:


I also had a dream sometime right before my first ultrasound, which really eased my nerves quite a bit. My Grandma (my dad's mom) passed a way a couple years ago. She has always been really special to me, and I always felt I had a special connection with her. She came to visit me in my dream and I really feel like she was telling me everything was going to be okay. She was pregnant in the dream and she was rubbing her belly and smiling at me. I remember waking up with this huge sense of relief and I have been much more relaxed since then.

So at about12 weeks, we started taking pics of my belly, so here's me at 12 weeks:


and here's me at 13 weeks:



Now that I am going into my 2nd trimester, I am starting to really get excited. We found an awesome deal on some great furniture on Craigslist, and already have it all set up in the room. We just have to wait till I get to 20 weeks so we can find out the sex and start decorating the nursery!








We will be happy no matter what, ofcourse, but I am kinda hoping for a little girl and Joe is leaning towards a boy. I guess we'll just have to wait 6.5 more weeks to find out! According to the chinese birth chart, its a boy.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Congratulations on joining the addiction of blogworld. I wish you good blogging ideas and easily found blogs to follow. I can't wait to read all about Baby, even though I'll be hearing about her (ok, or him) in real life!

Jillian said...

Okay so you guys are the cutest thing ever with that video!! I wish I would have thought to video tape things!! I have about a million pictures of her but no video!! And you already have the nursery furniture that is so funny because I am almost 27 weeks and I just now ordered my crib and bought the paint for the nursery! My goal was to have it done before my shower which is April 25th, so hopefully I will be right on track! I swear you must of had a six pack before you got pregnant I see so many stomach muscles!!! You have to look at my before picture, no stomach muscles!!